Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Heat control Problem

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2007, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat control Problem

Hi, I have a 95 beretta and the heat will only come out of the vents no matter where I turn the switch. Would this be a problem with the control switch itself?
Old January 5th, 2007, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Heat control Problem

quick update:

I did a little research online and found that a tiny hose was broken by my battery that lead inside my car and also lead to my engine. Well I patched that up and the airflow will now change between the defrost and floor etc, but it takes a while. After I switch it, it will randomly change some time later. Any suggestions? Also, there was a wire that was disconnected on the passenger side under my dash, I think the connector was green and the wire(s) were encased in plastic. I don't know what it was for, but I hooked it up and didn't notice a difference with anything. One part went up into the center-top of the dash, and the other went into the right-top or the dash :\
Old May 23rd, 2007, 3:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Heat control Problem

Man you have a really faulty heater.. It seems that you already check all the Chevy Beretta parts that was connected on the heater... If the wires are from the ECU, I guess it that wires which go all the way to the other side of the dash was for the brake lights and the other goes to the fuse of the wipers... My suggestion is to ask someone who knows about wirng because it seems that you have a faulty wiring... Goodluck..