Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Heated mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2009, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heated mirrors?

I was bored so I was looking up options the 2004 Malibu Maxx came with & I read that it had heated side mirrors as an option for the LS & standard for the LT. Is there any validity to this & how can I tell if the car has them or not? I don't recall seeing a button for them so I was just wondering since I have an LT.

Just curious since I don't have a owner's manual yet. Won on ebay but not arrived yet.
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heated mirrors?

Try pressing the rear defrost button, wait a bit and see if your mirrors are warm. I know on my Dad's truck the heated mirrors are activated by the same button as the rear window defrost. If your mirrors don't heat up and you don't have a dedicated button, then you likely don't have heated mirrors.

Conversely, are there any markings on your mirrors that say "heated" or look as if there is a symbol of a mirror with some heat waves rising out of it? I think those are the markings on some mirrors that show that they are heated.
Old January 9th, 2009, 1:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tip.. I just had a perfect moment to find out for sure. The mirrors were covered in snow in the corner so I turned on the rear defrost button & quickly there was water on the mirror where the snow was. It is 23 degrees at the moment so I'm sure it didn't melt on its own.
Old January 9th, 2009, 3:49 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

you should also see the little defrost icon on the mirror, meaning that when you put the defrost on, the mirror should warm up