Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Installing aftermarket radio

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing aftermarket radio

I am looking to add an aftermarket radio to my 2k4 Malibu LS. I've looked at both double-din and single-din radios. I would like to install a double-din radio but I am told that I need to install a module(to replace the driver info center) that would take up 1 of the slots. I understand that if I dont use the module I will be losing things like trip, mpg display, etc. but I honestly dont care about that stuff. I've also heard that if you dont buy the $150 module then installing a radio will throw on my check engine light. I've spent some time reading forums and I cant seem to find anywhere where it says I have/dont haveto install the module. I've also noticed on cardomain that others have installed stereos in their vehicles and didnt use the module. Basically I am looking to see if any of you have installed an aftermarket radio and if so did you use a module similar to the one displayed blow. Any info is greatly appreciated. Below is a pic of the module in question.