Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

lane departure warning system

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2018, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lane departure warning system

2013 Chevy Malibu. Can I install a lane departure system on it?

I don't know what product should I order? Camera or GPS?
Old November 27th, 2018, 9:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by HuiZhao
2013 Chevy Malibu. Can I install a lane departure system on it?

I don't know what product should I order? Camera or GPS?
Garmin make a combination GPS and front camera with audio for less the $300 USD. It has lane departure, anti-tailgaiting features as well as Bluetooth. Traffic alerts, and lots of ther goodies. Best 300 bucks I ever spent! The cops in America have gone nuts so the audio alone is worth every penny.and better if you can record it on camera.

Anyone else gets in my face and I have something else to remedy that too, but I wont say what or how many. People in the US have gone INSANE, so you gotta look out for number one, always.
Old November 28th, 2018, 7:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you please provide an Amazon link or details?
Thanks.
Old November 28th, 2018, 11:47 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by HuiZhao
Could you please provide an Amazon link or details?
Thanks.
You luck out if your buy it for $243 USD. When I bought mine, they were $299.USD. You'll need to have an SD card, as I dont recall it coming with one. It has one flaw that I dont like. You have to download new software and maps using Wi-Fi, not the
USB on your PC. It can take many hours, unless you have a very fast Wi-Fi internet connection. I'm too cheap to need or want to pay more when it works with my cheap ISP plan, which is fine for my use as I've only had to do updates twice, so no big deal..

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-DriveAssist-Camera-assisted-Notifications-Activation/dp/B01N1TW0A4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543469954&sr=8-3&keywords=garmin+gps+camera https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-DriveAssist-Camera-assisted-Notifications-Activation/dp/B01N1TW0A4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543469954&sr=8-3&keywords=garmin+gps+camera

Last edited by oilcanhenry; November 28th, 2018 at 11:54 PM.