Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Low engine power and traction control serious problem

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2017, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low engine power and traction control serious problem

I have a 2010 Colbalt. Low engine power and traction light comes on and serious lose of power and engine shutdown flows. It has happen to me 4 or 5 times now .Fell like it is very dangerous to be in traffic now. Have replaced throttle body thinking it would solved problem but within 4 days it happened again. The cost to take a chance of solving the problem is more than I can afford. This situation is making me sick. Is there any solution yet. I see this has been happening for years. I loved Chevy cars but this is a high problem to have. Not a fan any more.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 9:25 PM
CF Active Member

Have you ever replaced the battery? I seen this error just right after I started the car for low battery warning.
Old July 30th, 2019, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default Easy fix

I just got an obd11 code reader from walmart for $19.95 and just pull over and reset the code when this happens. The colbalt has an abuse fail safe mode when over revved or you could have a vacuum leak check into those. If all else fails $19.95 is a quick fix and at least you dont have to be scared of traffic. Hope that helps