Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Maxx Newbie

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2007, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxx Newbie

Ok, so I searched the web and this forum for performance upgrade for my '05 Maxx LS but its slim pickings. I was driving an '04 Maxx LT for over 6 months before I decided to get mine (used). Its coming to the end of the original warranty so I am taking it in for a few items.

I really like the car in its stock form but I should have gotten an SS. Anyway I got this as my daily commuter and I wanted to upgrade the seats and suspension. does the Maxx share interior config/parts with any of other GM vehicles like Impala, G6, Cobalt? Things like seats, radios, shifter handles, steering wheels or even side view mirriors.

I plan to put in a CAI and change the muffler this spring. Will the CAI made for the G6 3.9L fit the 3.5L? Since I could not find any bolt-on exhaust or headers I will change the muffler.

I did find a body kit for the Maxx but I did not like it. http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/Razzi...Package/529261

Maybe we should create a list of potential mods using parts from other cars (chevy or other) such as:

1 - driving lights from Maxx SS (bumper insert, light and switch)
2 - dash gauges from SS
3 - upgraded seats (leather and heated) from LT or SS.
4 - chrome wheels (LT or SS)
5 - CAI (brands _____)
5 - Side view mirrors, signal and/or chrome trim

Old December 13th, 2007, 2:12 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Maxx Newbie

why not just trade it for an SS....time you add up all the parts you want, it will be as much as your deficit on the trade in.....My Ss wheels are for sale but Im wanting 3000 for them with the Potenzas....only got about 8000 miles on them....I looked at changing my SS lights and grill inserts to LTZ since they are shiny chrome and not aluminum, and the chrome trim peice alont was over 300 bucks.....for 1.....
Old December 13th, 2007, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Funny you should mention trade-in, I was considering it but I would loose too much $$ on the deal. $5-7K to be exact. Besides I like the look black with Chrome tirm and wheels.

Ironic since if I had purchased an SS - first thing I would do is debadge it.
Old December 13th, 2007, 6:34 PM
CF Pro Member

I did debadge mine, only left he SS, you say you will lose 5-7 Grand but your gonna spend that much trying to make yours look and perform like an SS, and we are selling 1 year old SS for about 15G below MSRP, got 2 sedans, for under 20 and that is Canada US would be cheaper...

.not being a smart *** but I would rather eat the 5 grand and upgrade to an 07 SS, then spend 5 grand on parts and extras...the may not be compatable with your LS, and remember with the SS you get a whole lot more car then you LS has to offer, so for the 5 grand you are moving up a couple years in cars, gettign WAY more options, the performance your looking for, your not sacrificing anything in room or comfort, it only gets beter with the SS, and all the upgrades you want to do are done on the SS.....
Old December 14th, 2007, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

You do make a great case for the upgrade. I found an '06 with 12K for $18K but I got too much going on right now and don't have the flexibility but maybe a few months from now.
Old December 14th, 2007, 5:21 PM
CF Pro Member

to much going on...? this dont make sense your gonna go running around trying to find parts and then find someone to install them, then get them to work with your setup, etc etc......take all of 3 hours to do a trade for an SS....and like I said your gonna spend 5 grand at least by the time you leather your interior, and give your LS some more juice, and even then it wont havethe torque the SS does, the SS is good ole pushrod....lots of bottom end torque...
Old December 21st, 2007, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Let me clarify, its my daily driver and its paid off. I have a Mustang I am restoring so I don't want to spend the time and $$ to upgrade this one. I will not upgrade teh interior its too much. I will change the muffler to give it a better sound and maybe install CAI but that is about it.

I noticed on the '08 Malibu it has side (signal) markers (front quarter panels) shaped in the Chevy bowtie - I would like to get a set of those on it.