Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

OS 2 Sensor

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2007 | 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default OS 2 Sensor

Hi, I was driving on the highway and the engine light came on. The engine felt like it was rocking back and forth and when I hit the gas it felt like the tirees were trying to grab onto the pavement. We took it to a mechanic and they scanned it and said the OS2 Sensors are bad. The end of story is what exactly is the sensor and what is it for?
Old January 31st, 2007 | 1:24 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: OS 2 Sensor

ORIGINAL: nena

Hi, I was driving on the highway and the engine light came on. The engine felt like it was rocking back and forth and when I hit the gas it felt like the tirees were trying to grab onto the pavement. We took it to a mechanic and they scanned it and said the OS2 Sensors are bad. The end of story is what exactly is the sensor and what is it for?
The O2 sensorsare part of the emission control system of the car. They are located in the exhaust stream on the car and sense the gases in the exhaust.
The cars computer monitors these and makes adjustments to the fuel mixture to the engine based on the information these sensors provide. When they fail the computer is confused and the car runs terrible... end of story.
Old January 31st, 2007 | 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: OS 2 Sensor

[sm=interesting.gif] Thanx!!