Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

p0300 03 malibu

Old April 18th, 2015, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0300 03 malibu

Hi guys,
I really need help I got a car 4 weeks ago I brought a car (03 Chevy Malibu base 142k mil, 3.1L V6) and the check engine light was on, so it was no way for me to pass state inspection. I replaced the battery, did a oil change and a coolant flush. Went over to autozone and had them scan it for me and code p0306 was coming up, so I changed the spark plugs in the front cylinders (2, 4, 6) and the wires.

So I went to a shop to have them inspected it and put a sticker on it. But it failed, so the shop started working on it to get the code to clear, first they changed the coil pack thin the injection valve, nothing worked thin they checked the locker arms in the motor and seen that one of them was broken and lost the thread.

They replaced it thin seen it messed up a piston and they replaced that. They started it back up and the p0306 code was gone and now they say its giving a p0300 code. I got feed up and got my car back, the next day i started it up to take it to a different shop. but before i got out my driveway it cut off on me two times. i got it around the corner and it was running good at fast speeds but as soon as i slowed down at a sign it started shacking bad and cut off.

i called the shop that just worked on it. and said why is it now cutting off on me they told me to bring it back in. a week later and they are saying my number 6 cylinder has low compression. so they put a little oil in it but they are still getting low compression in that cylinder. are they milking me for money or are they going in they right direction?
Old May 27th, 2015, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have low compression, it could be a bad valve or cylinder.

Have them pull the valve cover and see if the rocker is bolted on correctly.

Here is an external post that seems similar to your issue...
http://www.2carpros.com/questions/20...6-misfire-code