Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

P0826 shift code

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2018, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0826 shift code

Hello all. I’ve had this code since I bought the car, and I am assuming it is because the manual up and down shift buttons do not operate. Other than chasing wires, is there anything right off the bat that makes these malfunction causing this code? A dirty switch? Loose wire? I just want to hit the basics before I go having to replace/chase wires around. This is on a 2004 Malibu Maxx LS V6.
Old November 24th, 2018, 2:28 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 04malimaxx
Hello all. I’ve had this code since I bought the car, and I am assuming it is because the manual up and down shift buttons do not operate. Other than chasing wires, is there anything right off the bat that makes these malfunction causing this code? A dirty switch? Loose wire? I just want to hit the basics before I go having to replace/chase wires around. This is on a 2004 Malibu Maxx LS V6.
Someone probably spilled something like soda on the shifter. I'd pull the battery, get some VERY hot water and soak all that bitch down good. You will have to wait until its dry to hook up the battery. If that doesn't work try some contact .cleaner on it.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; November 24th, 2018 at 2:36 AM.
Old November 24th, 2018, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I’ll take a look and see what’s up with the wires and contacts.