Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Power Window

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2010, 8:15 PM
TCP
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power Window

I have 2002 Malibu, problem is that the passenger rear power window is not working properly. It went up one day and now won't go down.
Here's what I have checked and done.
Removed door interior panel, checked plug to motor, checked voltage, 12vdc on each wire blue (up) & brown (down) or vis versa, check switch for proper operation OK (took drivers switch out and plugged in passenger side switch)
The window is in the up position when I hit the DOWN button nothing happens, but if I hit the UP button, I can hear something click in the motor.
So I thought the motor was toast went out and bought a remanufactured one from parts store and installed that, SAME thing. So I took the old motor not installed in the door and plugged in the wire connector motor will run go up but nothing in the down position.

Any ideas I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confussed.

Thanks,

TCP
Grand Rapids, MI.
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

its something called a regulator or somehting... think of it as a crank shaft from the motor to the window itself. I had the same problem on my 03 it cost about 300$ to fix the damn thing. Mine went about half way up and stayed there. If its up and if you really dont wanna spend that money I would say dont worry about it but any mechanic will be able to fix it!
Old April 19th, 2011, 4:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Sounds to me that you have a contact issue with the switch or something. I had an issue with the mirror control switch. The mirror would move left and right, but would not move up and down. I removed the panel and pulled the switch out of it. I then took the switch apart and then cleaned and inspected all the contacts for corrosion, dirt, grime, etc. I use alcohol and Q-tips to clean this kind of stuff with. I will use as many as needed until they are clean after they are wiped across the contact surfaces. After I put it back together it worked fine and still does to this day.