Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Re-flashed MyLink

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2015, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-flashed MyLink

The MyLink system in my 2013 Malibu LTZ went dead a couple days ago. It was working fine. I parked at my first stop. Started the vehicle about an hour later and the screen was dead with no audio, backup camera, etc. I restarted the car a couple times with no change. I drove to my second stop, did my shopping and started the vehicle about 30 minutes after parking. MyLink was back and has worked fine ever since. However I was still concerned and made an appointment at the local Chevy service location (I wanted to do an oil change anyway).

Doing online research I found that other 2013 MyLink systems have had similar issues. I found the following: It is recommended that the dealer update the system via Bulletin # PI0868A Doc# 3271828.

Now my Chevy service center knew nothing about this. But they did research it based on the above service information I provided and ended up doing the suggested update/re-flash.

I am not sure if this updates anything, but hopefully at least it will keep MyLink from going dead periodically.