Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start

I finally got my 2005 Malibu fixed and I’m trying to get the remote start to work again now that the battery light is off it starts for a second sounds like it’s not getting enough gas and shuts off any help?
Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get this!

So I turn the ignition five times on to almost starting five separate times like I saw on the video I take the key out I hit the lock button and then I press the remote start and it turns over but will not stay running. I just had a new fuel assembly because the float was busted and had the whole fuel system replaced by new battery in the transmission cable head broke from the shift so I just had all this work completed. The car turns over but will not stay running. I went and filled up the gas tank in case that could be an issue and it did the same thing again.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 2:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Does it run otherwise? Most or all the remote starts I've had don't stay running for more than 10 minutes, could be if it's running ok otherwise the running time is set too low, and I don't know how to program that.