Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

remote start-battery issue or not?

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2011, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face remote start-battery issue or not?

Hello all,
I have an 08 2LT, with remote start. Lately, it has become more and more difficult trying to start, lock or unlock the car with the remote. I assumed the remote needed a new battery, but I've changed it twice, thinking maybe I bought an old battery or something, but there's no change. It will eventually work, but it's like I have to press the buttons a certain way for it to "take". I thought maybe the remote was just wearing out, so I switched it with our second one, which is rarely used at all. Also tried changing the second remote's battery. It has the same problem. Any ideas on what would cause this? Is it possible there is dust or something on the receiver part on the car? This is the factory installed system.
Old January 12th, 2011, 3:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would suggest having the vehicle checked by your local dealership to make sure there is nothing wrong on the vehicle end and to make sure that your remotes are working as intended. You should still be covered by the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (depending on your mileage) which would cover you for this fix, under normal circumstances. I hope that helps you and if you run into any other issues please feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service