Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Remote Start. Do I have it?

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2013, 3:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start. Do I have it?

We just picked up a 09 Malibu and not sure if it has remote. The dealer was not much help. They just wanted to sell the car. Will there be a separate button on the key fob?

Last edited by jampg; March 7th, 2013 at 3:59 PM.
Old March 7th, 2013, 4:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by jampg
We just picked up a 09 Malibu and not sure if it has remote. The dealer was not much help. They just wanted to sell the car. Will there be a separate button on the key fob?
Yes..
Old March 7th, 2013, 7:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

it may be remote start ready however. you would have to check the rpo codes at a helpful dealership.
Old March 8th, 2013, 8:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jampg
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jampg,

Congratulations you’re your Malibu purchase. I would be happy to check your vehicle build for you. If you would like me to do so, please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN so I may proceed.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service