Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

RS & Keyless Remote

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2008, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS & Keyless Remote

So, I seem to be having the same problem as a lot of others. First my RS stopped working. With in a few weeks of that, my entire keyless entry stopped working!![] I replaced the battery...still nothing. So, I took it to an auto parts store and had them test the remote. The remote passed the test. So now, since the last time I used the remote was to lock the doors and set the alarm. Everytime I go to open the door, the alarm goes off and I have to rush to start the car to kill the alarm.

Not only do I have those issues but, my front driver's side turn signal....I can change the bulb in it all I want, It literally melts the bulbs within days! I think mycar has some major electrical issues. Does anyone have any ideas on these issue that could help me out?
Old October 22nd, 2009, 6:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't help you with the RS problem as mine (05) just stopped working this morning. It started but shut off well before the 10 minutes was up. I've had many problems with the drivers side turn signal. It's a faulty design of some sort because I've seen other Malibus with the same light out. The dealer replaced the whole assembly but the problem keeps coming back. I usually just either replace the bulb and smear some dielectric grease on it. But it comes back a couple of times a year. Fortunately for me, being a service tech, I have a tool bag with my and can fix it on the spot.