Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala with keyless remote not working

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2006, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Impala with keyless remote not working

I purchased a 2007 Impala 2LT with remote keyless entry and vehicle start. I picked it up on a Monday and the remote worked fine, parked it overnight and went to get into it on Tuesday Morning and the remote would not work, however, if I open the drivers door with the key (only door which opens with key) it seems to reset it and everything works again for about 5 to 10 minutes then they stop. Presently at the dealer who claims they are still losing communications with the module, 2nd case reported to Chevy engineering. Anyone with any ideas, etc????

Old September 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Impala with keyless remote not working

I just bought a new 2006 Impala and have exactly the same problem. Gonna have the dealer to check it. Any one have any idea about this problem? Thanks.
Old September 15th, 2006, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Chevy did have some issues with the actual remotes.. can try the newer ones, and if that
doesnt work.. need to reprogram the doo lock reciever with updated software
Old October 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Just bouht an 07 LT and am having the exact same issue. Anyone tried just purchasing a new remote and programming it to the car?

Seems like it would be more than the remotes; why would the remotes stop working after a minute or two? Seems (logically anyway - not that GM products follow logic), that the receiver on the car would be the culprit.
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Question

My 2007 Impala SS RKE suddenly just stopped working to open door, trunk, or engine start. Same idea, I have to open the door with the key then all functions work. I can even remote fob lock the doors, but once I walk away, I'm back to square one, got to manually unlock the driver door. Help
Old May 7th, 2010, 7:53 PM
CF Active Member

I have a new uplander and the remote was working erratically. Sometimes it was okay and sometimes it was dead. By tapping it a bit it was okay. After opening the cover I found out that the contacts that hold the battery were partly unsoldered. I took it to the dealer and they tried to fix it only that lasted for a few days. I resoldered the 3 contacts very carefully myself and since the unit is working perfect. They told me that many newer models of these unit are defectives and fails very shortly after they are new. Anyway these units are carying a 3 years warranty the same as the car I guess.
Old May 8th, 2010, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default Remote Keyless Entry

I finally gave up and brought the car to my Chevy dealer. When I picked the car up a few hours later, he told me both remotes were bad. Now I know that was BS because both units were exactly alike in performance and one unit had never never been used. Also, they must have disconnected the battery because every single electrical device had to be reset from the time to radio to DIC features. Perhaps disco the battery temporarily then restoring power resets the computer just like powering down a home computer and the best part is there was no charge. The remotes are working again.