Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Service ESC & Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2014, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service ESC & Traction Control

Hello to all of you!

I am having an intermittent problem with my 09 Malibu LT. The notification center tells me to "Service ESC" and "Service Traction Control" the traction control light is on & I have noticed that the left turn signal is acting like one of the bulbs is burnt out (flashing faster than the right side). This went on for several days, according to my wife, I got in it yesterday and sure enough it was happening, I got back in it yesterday a few hours later and everything is working correctly and has since.

Anyone else have this problem or know what could be the culprit?

I am also having some issues with the Key fobs not working properly, just in case this may be related. I am posting this problem in another thread because I believe it to be a separate condition.
Old July 16th, 2014, 1:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Matt,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your vehicle. Unfortunately, I am not a certified technician, but I will be happy to look further into your concern. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if we can be of any extra assistance. We will be happy to help with your concern!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care