Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Strange Random Question

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2010, 12:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Random Question

hi, I have a 06 Malibu, i would like to change out my radio system for something a little smarter, while there is this adapter from metra, its not the solution that I want, basically, i want to put in a custom car PC that I want to emulate the stock radio software/firmware, is there a way to capture the code that lies within the radio itself in way that i would be able to emulate/manipulate it in a PC environment? I know its kind of a long stretch and not the simplest solution, but hey, i like a challenge every once in a while. Thanks in advance for your help
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
CF Beginner

I am sure there is a way to do this but in the end of the story im sure you could get a "smart radio" at Best Buy and save yourself the aggrevation!
Old April 19th, 2011, 5:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by brettj05
I am sure there is a way to do this but in the end of the story im sure you could get a "smart radio" at Best Buy and save yourself the aggrevation!

Unless you can write your own program from scratch, and you know where the parameters are in each unit you will not be able nor capable to do this. If you can then this is more than likely a possibility. However, I would almost certainly agree with Brett on this one. Good luck.

Hope it helps.