Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Tire Sensor

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2018, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Sensor

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu and the left tire sensor light comes on. I have had 2 tire places to check it out and they say the sensor is ok. The light goes out on the dash, but a few miles of driving it comes back on. Shoulf I just have it replaced?
Old November 27th, 2018, 7:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheba
I have a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu and the left tire sensor light comes on. I have had 2 tire places to check it out and they say the sensor is ok. The light goes out on the dash, but a few miles of driving it comes back on. Shoulf I just have it replaced?
They have batteries that wear out. Once mine cuase trouble they are getting tossed forever. I have no need for TPS systems. Thats what a tire pressure gauge is for. I carry an 12 volt electric tire pump in the tire well of my 15 Malibu (yes I have a donut spare, jack and X-wrench in there too, no thanks to Chevrolet, but its about fuel mileage with all car-makers) I through that POS air pressure pump and green slime combonation BS in the back of my K-1500, just for the air-pump. It already has always had a spare tire, of course.

Wouldnt you know it: I had a front sidewall tire blowout and that spare tire got me home, not that piece of junk slime machine, which would have done nothing at all to help me at all.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; November 27th, 2018 at 7:55 PM.
Old November 27th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

make sure the tires are inflated to 2psi over the listed pressure on the placard (located on the door jamb). If the tires are set to the placard number...when the temp drops overnight...or anytime it get cold....the pressure drops..light comes on. You start driving the car ...the tire warms up...the pressure comes back up and the light goes off.
Old November 28th, 2018, 11:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
make sure the tires are inflated to 2psi over the listed pressure on the placard (located on the door jamb). If the tires are set to the placard number...when the temp drops overnight...or anytime it get cold....the pressure drops..light comes on. You start driving the car ...the tire warms up...the pressure comes back up and the light goes off.
Thanks Tech2: I will do just that.