Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

transmission leak help!!

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2012 | 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation transmission leak help!!

I have an 06 malibu ls v6. changed the oil and saw tranny fluid leaking from the bolts on the pan. Took it to ammco who flushed and serviced the tranny replacing the gasket that they said it was leaking from. 5 months later...same problem. this time a BOLT missing from the pan. Took back to Ammco and they replaced the gasket (they said was defective) and replaced a bolt. 4 months later oil change....same problem the fluid is leaking fro the bolts onto the manifold.

Question: is this a common problem?
Should I just get a GM gasket...ie the oem gasket at ammco just isnt compatabile?

Since this is a self contained unit. does anyone know where I would put some tranny fluid as i want to put off buying a new car for a while. I would add a qt. say every other month. It only leaks when its running. Any help would be great
john
Old May 21st, 2012 | 9:39 AM
CF Monarch

Maybe you should try a shop other than AAMCO.
Old May 21st, 2012 | 1:55 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> hawkiscircling,

I have researched my resources and was unable to find any known transmission leak issues for 2006 Malibu vehicles. I recommend an inspection by a certified technician and GM parts.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service