Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Transmission slips

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2018, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission slips

Hello, I have a 2012 Malibu LT. Recently I was merging onto a highway already going about 35 mph and stepped on accelerator but all that happened was my RPMs spiked to red, at first thought my car popped into neutral but no, i left off the gas right away and slowly stepped again, this time it took but I drove careful and since my work is right next to a chevy dealer i dropped off right away. It’s not exactly normal. However the service department can’t get a code off the issue. And with no code they can’t proceed for the warranty. They got it to repeat the issue a couple of times however no codes still. they said they can’t find anything that is wrong with it.....I’m concerned because my warranty doesn’t have much left to it. They said my transmission is sealed so they didn’t check my fluids right away howeve they finally did and it was low by 1/2 quart. Which isn’t exactly enough to cause the slips. But even though their mechanic experience it themselves they can’t fix.