Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Want power ports that work all the time?

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2019, 7:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts
Default Want power ports that work all the time?

Just found out that
setting the display to lock doors with key in ignition sets
the power ports to stay on all the time! Good going Chevrolet !
Now I can charge my cellphone while not in the car. Got
a backup fob so no getting locked out. Damn I love this car!
Old March 29th, 2019, 3:24 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

not sure if it happens on chevys but i know on some dodges the key fob wont work if a key is in the ignition
Old March 30th, 2019, 7:29 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
not sure if it happens on chevys but i know on some dodges the key fob wont work if a key is in the ignition
Its the same on my Malibu. You cant unlock the trunk, honk the horn button or anything when FOB is in the ignition. What I found out was going into the driver display control
settings and changing them allow the removal of the key and the power ports still get power unlike before. I was going to route a new power port from a terminal with power all
the time, as I can then power up my phone, but the settings worked unexpectedly, and when the key was out of the ignition, my phone still was charging, when it wouldn't before.

Gotta change out both license plate lights out today as they are both dead. Vid said there are screws holding the license plate light bezels, but I don't see any screws. Probably slides or prys out is my guess but it's dark out and I'll wait till morning to replace them