Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Window won't go up...

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2007, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window won't go up...

Hi all, 1st post. I have a 2004 malibu and when the wife was driving to work this morning she rolled the passenger window down a few inches. She could not get it to go back up. I met her at the store and tried to help it up, no luck. So , I let her take my Impala and drove hers. At lunch I looked into it. I have 12-13 volts at window switch.I took the switch out and did a continuity check on switch to see what wire was activated by switch. No luck with jumping it. I did all this at passenger door switch. She rolled it down from drivers side. The window will go down but not up. I don't know how to remove door panels. Do I need a book? Since she did it from drivers side do I need to look into that side? Since the motor will go down,do I need to look at that? Any Ideas from you other Malibu owners? We got alot of snow and its cold here in Maine, so any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob
Old December 19th, 2007, 5:06 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Window won't go up...

You should be able to pry the panels off as they are held on by clips. Then if you can't seem to get to the bolts holding the motor in, there are 3 indetions directly in front of the bolts on the window motor you are supposed to drill into so you can get a socket on the bolts behind..