Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Wiring Short Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Short Help Needed

ok to start i have a 79 Malibu, with the 267 c.i... When i bought the car the guy told me he had the transmission rebuilt in it. After having it rebuilt and put back in he said the instrument panel lights would stay on and you would have to either pull the fuse or the battery cables.... Well i drove the car for a while like this but i need to fix the prob.... i think the guy was lying about it happening after the transmission was put in, it was probably happening before. I also noticed that when driving at night and using high beams the lights will flash on and off...So today i tore the intrument panel apart, found that the paper thin comp circut that all the instrument panel lights hook into to make a complete circut,. Its been burned. I also found that the headlight switches hot wire was melting the harness...Can any1 help me with whats going on??? any advice or a direction to look in???
Old April 8th, 2008, 4:43 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Wiring Short Help Needed

sound like there may have been a short in the ipc at one time