Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2009, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it?

On my 02 Malibu, I have headers, CAI, 56 mm throttle body, cat-back exhaust, and MP Racing PCM tuned for all these mods installed. When I ordered the headers, I had the option of adding a high-flow cat for an extra $200 but I did not get it. Would it be worth getting one of these installed? And if so, would it be ok to get it installed even after putting in my new PCM? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old October 27th, 2009, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Sorry to not answer your question

Hey, I have an 02 Malibu too, but I can't find any performance parts! I have a long list of cosmetic upgrades, but it has been impossible for me to find any performance parts that are specific to this car. Do you just use universal parts? If so, what are the measurements you found that you needed when buying? How much more power would you say your car has now? Sorry to bomb you with questions, but if you could answer any, it would be awesome. All I have is cold air intake and rims. I'll post a pic, maybe today.

Last edited by renosky; October 27th, 2009 at 2:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old November 1st, 2009, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem as you when I first started upgrading my car. Impossible to find legit parts, right? Well, this site will get you places.

MPRacing.com

All performance parts I have put on my car except the Borla exhaust has come from this site. Everything on there is legit, quality parts made directly for our types of cars. As for how much more horsepower my car has, it's hard to say, but it's a lot. Stock on our cars is 170, I'm guessing mine has around 240-250 now. I don't think I'll be forking up the money to go to a dyno to get the actual number, though. But hey, good luck and if you have any questions let me know. Definitely start by checking out MP Racing though.
Old November 11th, 2009, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

It's mpracing.org by the way
Old November 24th, 2009, 6:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get the cat. You'll regret it. After market cats are garbage. Either make a test pipe and keep the stock cat in storage, or keep the stock cat for use.