Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

01 MonteCarlo water in drivers door?!

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2008, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 MonteCarlo water in drivers door?!

Hello, I am new to this forum and I need some help with my mothers car. We recently went out to her car today and its raining. She opened her door and it feels like theres water inside the frame of the door. Our windows were closed and door shut firmly. How can this water get in there if it was just sitting in the rain, not being driven. ( I am actually thinking that when we had our brakes serviced they might of lifted it wrong because i noticed a crack in the plastic under the door. where the jack would be placed / hoist bar. ) Can someone help me figure this out, and maybe tell me how to rid the water in the door?

Thanks, Doug

[IMG]local://upfiles/17489/8190297F9B024DA8A3AE3522D8EEA6DF.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 24th, 2008, 2:06 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 01 MonteCarlo water in drivers door?!

The water would have come in through the weahter stripping on the outside of the window. it'sprobably dry and\or cracked allowing water in. Also, there should be 3 or 4 small holes at the bottom of the door where the panels are welded together. These hole allow for water to escape should any get in. Alot of times I see them plugged up when the undercoating guys put it on too thick in that area, and you get a build up of dirty and other crap. Have a look at the drains to make sure they are not plugged