Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

2001 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2010, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2001 Monte Carlo SS

Well where do I start???. I hope it's ok to vent a little on this Forum. I am the original owner of this SS with the 3800 Series II V-6 and it has 64,000 miles on it. Since new I have had the following major items changed on the car:

Transmission NOISEY espec. in REV. 48,+++ miles Replaced within warranty. (same problem as my 1985 SS.)

Lifters changed NOISEY, (warranty) 48,500 miles

Catalyic Converter changed clogged up (warranty) 53,+++ miles

2 each int. shafts in the steering system bad (warranty)

Right front steering HUB bad (warranty expired)

Numerious coolant problems and was worked on by local dealer while still in warranty (now going through an almost complete rework of the cooling system suspected cracked intake manifold (warranty expired)

Front hood and trunk paint started cracking (dealer wouldn't honor the repair even though I had the yearly paint sealant done as recommended by dealer. (I had to have the car repainted at my expense).

I loved my SS and was really disappointed when things started falling apart. Thank goodness I had an extended warranty that really help. They coolant problem had been going on for awhile and the cause of problem wasn't found till this week. I don't hot rod the car I treated it like it might be my last car seeing as how I retired from the AF...So thats it and wonder if any one on this Forum had any of the same problems with thier SS's

My next car??? This One!!! I'm afraid a Camaro might turn up with the same problems as would the Impala and the Malabu. Thanks, David