Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

2001 monte carlo ls - secondary sound from engine area when driving

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2009, 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 monte carlo ls - secondary sound from engine area when driving

hello,

i am trying to find out what is the reason of a noise i have when i am accelerating . it sounds like a a transmission buzzing , but the tranny shifts ok and it is like a secondary noise. when i hit the gas it makes the noise, and when i am in motion after accelerating and i put it in neutral it still makes the noise.when i am in park anfd hit the pedal it doesnt make the noise. the wheel hub bearing is ok. please help.strapped for cash to take it in and i can do the work if i know the problem . thanks a bunch.
Old March 16th, 2010, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you need to maybe trouble shoot those wheel hub bearings a little more. The only one I have not changed on my 2001 monte carlo is the front left wheel bearing. Here are a couple of things to figure out if it is a wheel bearing or not. Does the noise get louder as the car gets faster. Also a way to figure out if is the right or left one is if the noise goes away in a turn in one diretion and not the other. Hope this helps.