Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

2002 Monte SS Dale Earnhardt LE Engine

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2018, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Monte SS Dale Earnhardt LE Engine

Bought 1749 out of 3,333, Motor does not run, Car has been abused by previous owners. Plastic intake trashed, fuel supply burned needs repair, Installed battery, when cranked, gives a nunk kind of sound, its been sitting a while, some Doofus *** partially cut the wheel wells to accommodate larger tires, lucky for me, they put the original rims back on it. They also installed a lift kit ? ( going to keep that for now, I like the height ). Have to replace windshield due to storm damage, but thats least of my concerns. My main concern is getting the Engine running first! Body never wrecked,

I';m going to remove the starter and have tested! but I might try crank it first without spark plugs in to see if it cranks with no commpression first.
This engine has timing chain not a belt, so I suspect starter as main reason not cranking. Once I get it to crank I go from there.

Thanks for all help
Old May 15th, 2018, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Old September 12th, 2018, 6:17 PM
Banned

A real 2002 Earnhardt LE would not have the Intimidator decal on the trunk, or a a red 3 on the C pillar. The abuse to that car is not limited to the engine compartment. Best of luck.