Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

427,000 km Lumina Euro 1990- Worth Reward?

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2010, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 427,000 km Lumina Euro 1990- Worth Reward?

Hi guys!
I am new to this forum and I am a bit intimidated. One of my friend (79 years of age) who doesn’t have Internet asked me a favour. He bought a brand new 1990 Chevrelot Lumina Euro Sedan 3.1 L V6 engine with 4-speed automatic transmission. He always took good care of it and as of a few weeks ago, the speedometer showed 427,000 km. Neither the motor nor the transmission was ever opened for repair. The body and the interior of the car are in good condition. (Photos available on demand). A friend of his who is his mechanic told my friend that GM Motors could consider giving him a token of appreciation or some type of reward if he was to get these facts known to the decision makers at GM.
<O:p</O:p
Well! Do you guys think this is real or am I wasting my time preparing the presentation to the GM people on behalf of my friend? Please be frank and honest. I don’t want to deceive my friend and I don’t want him to keep hoping for anything if there is no chance to get any recognition or other. Great many thanks, <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Deltaomega<O:p</O:p
Old August 2nd, 2010, 1:13 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you never know, but i doubt it, but u never know because as you say the engine and trans have never been opened

Last edited by 2wd-K5; August 3rd, 2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your input 2wd-K5.
I don't think there are many of those around in such shape.
True, small Japanese cars have tough little engines. At one point in time, some trannies were not as reliable but they pretty well all improved a lot.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 6:40 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never heard of such a thing and I doubt it is true. However anything is possible. Have you tried googling it.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

MDTAHOE,
I will Google this subject. Never hought of it.
BTW, there is thread on high mileage. I will post there when I have a minute.
Cheers,
Deltaomega
Old November 16th, 2010, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Red face

With reference to my earlier post of August 2nd: "Do you guys think this is real or am I wasting my time preparing the presentation to the GM people on behalf of my friend? Please be frank and honest. I don’t want to deceive my friend and I don’t want him to keep hoping for anything if there is no chance to get any recognition or other. Great many thanks, <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P< class=inlineimg title="Stick Out Tongue" itxtvisited="1" font alt="" border="0" src="images/smilies/tongue.gif" O</O:P<><>
<O:P< class=inlineimg title="Stick Out Tongue" itxtvisited="1" alt="" border="0" src="images/smilies/tongue.gif" O</O:P<>
Deltaomega"

Hello all!
Guess what! I sent GM Canada a letter along with a few photos of my friend's car and he was rewarded with a plaid wooly blanket!!!
He was sort of humiliated but after a while, he managed to live with his deception. He now uses the blanket regularly! :-)
Take care all,

deltaomega
Old November 27th, 2010, 1:04 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

million mile cars are the ones companies like, ford alberta had a million mile 6 cyl thing going where anyone with a million mile 6 got a newtruck