Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

Battery draw!!!! Please help

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2012 | 9:23 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Do not know off the top of my head. I would need to take it apart to see.

However when you put the meter between the battery cable you are completing the circuit which means if the ign switch was on it would still be on. Are sure your meter is working? hook it up the turn the dome light on does it read a draw on the meter?
Old February 13th, 2012 | 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Yes it is working, i just bought it today. It would still be on even if you disconnect the negative batt port. And would the ign switch show a draw. And question what with ign switch would cause the batt to drain? do that mean something is not turning off after i turn the key off?
Old February 14th, 2012 | 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Do not know off the top of my head. I would need to take it apart to see.

However when you put the meter between the battery cable you are completing the circuit which means if the ign switch was on it would still be on. Are sure your meter is working? hook it up the turn the dome light on does it read a draw on the meter?
what is the difference between the ignition swith and the ignition cylinder. And how would you know which one to change?
Old February 14th, 2012 | 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Switch is the electrical portion. The cylinder is the lock portion it turns the switch
Old February 20th, 2012 | 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Switch is the electrical portion. The cylinder is the lock portion it turns the switch
Think i figured it out, Think it was the aftermarket alarm(auto start).
I have pulled that out before and let the car sit and it still died before, but this time i pulled out the gmbp bypass passlock alone with it and the car has been fine for like a week now.
Old February 23rd, 2012 | 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Alright so now i have another problem for you. I need a new hinge for my drivers side, so i have to sorta slam the door shut. So not i think something is messed up cause my door ajar light stays on and the interior lights stay on. had to remove the headlamp/trunk fuse. When ever i hit the lock button i here like the lock sound but than a unlock sound right after only on the driver side. There is no chime and the interior lights go off when i start driving.
if i manually lock the drivers side, the button will unlock it but will not lock it back. Any idea what it could be? and think you for all the help with my car!!!