Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

Need Wiring Diagram 2003 (or 2000–2005, 6th Gen) Monte Carlo

Old January 25th, 2016, 4:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Wiring Diagram 2003 (or 2000–2005, 6th Gen) Monte Carlo

Tomorrow, 1-25 (later today, actually), I'm going to rig a switch to turn on the headlights of a 2003 Monte Carlo. The existing headlight switch, I've been told, is broken.
I'm doing the job as a favor for the owner who is a kid of a friend. I don't know the history or the exact nature of the problem; however, he said a mechanic said the switch was faulty. He can't afford to replace the switch properly right now, so I figure adding a separate switch to jump the headlight relay would be a working temporary measure.
It looks like Sixth generation Model years 2000–2005 are the same, so info on anything in that span would work.
It would be nice if I knew which relay handled the Low Beams, and it would be nicer still to know which wires did what.
I've looked around for a diagram on the web.
All I found was this owner's manual for an '04(pdf) Page 5-104 shows a relay. I also have the attachments from the AutoZone site, which may be the right one. It seems all I need to do is ground the bottom to the relay shown in the upper left. Is that correct?
I don't see the wire color on the diagram unfortunately.

Which relay activates the headlights(low beam)?
Does anybody have an actual wiring diagram for that car (only need the lighting part)? Is the diagram in the attachment the correct one?

Any suggestions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails -monte-carlo0996b43f80244c01.gif   -monte-carloheadass0996b43f80244c3c.gif  

Search this Thread