New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

01 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2018, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Suburban

Hello I'm new here. I need some advice. When I was 19 my grandparents got me a suburban and every since I've wanted another suburban any year. So at 38 someone basically gave me a 01 Suburban. First thing it has over 300,000 miles. Still runs. I drive it everyday. The undercarriage is kind of rusted. (I guess it come from Ohio). I basically want to redo the whole thing. So the advice I need is, is it worth it? I'm going back and forth in my head about it. HELP!!!!
Old December 1st, 2018, 1:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

IMO for the money you will spend on a "redo the whole thing" - which equates to 10K++ pretty fast - I would look hard for a good used relatively rust free lower mileage suburban. I have a 93 with 350k that I love and will drive till it dies, but I would never invest in a "redo".
Old December 1st, 2018, 2:50 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

You don't really say what shape is it in. Is there a lot of rust on the body? What is the paint like? What about the interior? You say it was given to you so you don't have any investment in it so far. How much really needs to be done to get it where you want it to be? The undercarriage has rust, but is it mostly surface rust or rust throughs?