New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

03 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 stuck

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2019, 12:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 stuck

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado and my
4x4 is stuck in 4 auto, I try to put it in 2 and you can hear it trying to kick in and goes back to 4 auto. I am going to clean off the grounds tomorrow and see if that does anything.

I also had a check engine light come on went got it checked and it pulled 31 codes and I was wondering if anyone would think it might be bad grounds causing them because what codes are coming up I’m not having those issues.

sorry last one my fuse box under the hood
for the radio when I go to put a fuse in it blows it right away what do you think would be causing that? I think there is a short somewhere but not good with electrical at all

thanks

This is a little more than half
Old October 29th, 2019, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

New to the forum ..but ..that’s an awful lot of codes ..across a number of different systems ..yes ..I would check grounds ..but ..overall ..what is the running condition of the vehicle? ...has it been maintained? ..the 455 ..and 449 codes are EVAP system related ..it can go a lot deeper but check your gas cap first ..the p0300 is a random misfire ..and could be a myriad of things ..from bad plugs ..plug wires to injectors ..to bad intake gaskets ..low fuel pressure ..dirty MAF sensor/throttle body ..BAD GROUNDS ..anyway ..thought I would chime in here as you had no responses ..an idea for you ..go get a cheap code reader ..nice to have on hand ..every homeowner/garage mechanic should have one ..DO NOT erase your codes until you know why they are being triggered ..
..as for your radio fuse ..if the fuse blows right away then yes ..you have a dead short to ground ..you will have to start the troubleshooting procedure ..unplug the head unit in the dash ..then replace the fuse again ..if it doesn’t blow then you’ve essentially isolated the issue ..
..as for the other codes ..to identify them ..simply type in the code in google ..
..good luck amigo ..
Old October 29th, 2019, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default Where does this ground connect to

Originally Posted by allwest
New to the forum ..but ..that’s an awful lot of codes ..across a number of different systems ..yes ..I would check grounds ..but ..overall ..what is the running condition of the vehicle? ...has it been maintained? ..the 455 ..and 449 codes are EVAP system related ..it can go a lot deeper but check your gas cap first ..the p0300 is a random misfire ..and could be a myriad of things ..from bad plugs ..plug wires to injectors ..to bad intake gaskets ..low fuel pressure ..dirty MAF sensor/throttle body ..BAD GROUNDS ..anyway ..thought I would chime in here as you had no responses ..an idea for you ..go get a cheap code reader ..nice to have on hand ..every homeowner/garage mechanic should have one ..DO NOT erase your codes until you know why they are being triggered ..
..as for your radio fuse ..if the fuse blows right away then yes ..you have a dead short to ground ..you will have to start the troubleshooting procedure ..unplug the head unit in the dash ..then replace the fuse again ..if it doesn’t blow then you’ve essentially isolated the issue ..
..as for the other codes ..to identify them ..simply type in the code in google ..
..good luck amigo ..

Old October 29th, 2019, 11:28 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

that could be a problem lol. i would check all the grounds while youre at it even clean up the ones that look "ok" just to be on the safe side. more than likely if one screws up like that then there will be others