New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

06 trailblazer won't run

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2017, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 trailblazer won't run

I own a 06 Chevy trailblazer and for almost a year I can't get it to run cause it all started when we would go to put gas in the vehicle and we shut it off and we go to restart it and it wouldn't restart right away it would take 3 or 4 times before it started then once it was started it acted like it wanted to stall out then one day I went out to start it and the engine wouldn't turn over so I had the fuel pump replaced thinking that could be it and I got it back and still doing the same and a friend of mine said try replacing the battery which I did so I have replaced the fuel pump and battery in it and I still can't get the engine to turn over cause when I turn the key to start it everything comes on from headlights to radio but the engine won't turn over and I'm out of ideas as to what could be stopping the engine from turning over
Old February 15th, 2017, 3:58 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

When you say it won't turn over, do you mean it won't crank at all or it cranks but won't start?
Old February 15th, 2017, 4:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
When you say it won't turn over, do you mean it won't crank at all or it cranks but won't start?
it will crank but not start
Old February 16th, 2017, 10:41 AM
CF Monarch

Is the check engine light on? If so you need to get the code read. You can also spray some starter fluid or gas into the throttle body. If it runs for a few seconds it is a fuel issue. If it does not run at all, it is electrical.
Old February 16th, 2017, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Yes the check engine light is on
Old February 16th, 2017, 4:53 PM
CF Monarch

You need someone with a code reader to read the code. This will let you know what is causing the problem.