New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

1985 Cevy Scottsdale!

Old February 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Cevy Scottsdale!

Hi there my name is ross rodarte nd i own my dads 1985 chevy scottsdale it was my first car that he gave to me nd in return i want to fully restore it so i can give it to my kid wen i have one. i want to put new parts new engine nd everything i need ur guys help on where to start what areas i should focus on first where i can buy the parts. thanks!
Old February 15th, 2012, 2:52 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum, Ross!!

It sounds like you have a fun, but busy project ahead of you. There are many places (both online and off) that you can check to get parts. Obviously, a place that has wrecked vehicles is a good place to start. You can also try checking eBay, or any other number of sites online. Just do a Google search for what you are looking for. Also, consider posting in the section specific to your vehicle in order to get some more relevant responses. Good Luck!
Old August 29th, 2014, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small issue

My 85 chevy Scotty will start up if I put the shifter in the right place in park but all the other times it just clicks like the battery is dieinv. Someone told me that the flywheel and the starter are not positioned correctly. Not sure what this means as I am not much of a mechanic. Any help would be awesome. I just wanna fix it that way it starts up every time right away.