New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

1995 G 20 Tavel Quest Van that was given to me.

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2017, 12:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 G 20 Tavel Quest Van that was given to me.

So i was on Craigslist here in Salem Or ,looking for a decent low cost fixer upper van . I look every hour for new postings ,when i saw a ad for Free Van. No pictures,but had an idea of the condition. I emailed the owner and was told to come get it for free,was sitting for 5 years. Low tires, 1 flat ,dead battery ,and was told it had overheated ,was parked and has sat there for 5 years No dents,dings,rips etc inside or out,just very dirty.... I lined up a flat bed tow the next day and took the van away. Very dirty inside and out, moss,mold,on the outside, and looked rough. Here are the pics the day i picked it up. I open the hood and inspected the motor etc. I noticed there was no cap on the overflow bottle to pressuerize the cooling system.Checked the oil ,water for water in the oil ,or oil in the water,.All looked good,black oil but looked ok. . I drained the oil,water,trans fluid,and replaced all,after a radiator flush. Put on a new overflow cap, new battery and fresh gas and fuel injector cleaner. 1 pump of the gas to the flloor and after 2 tries it fired up. . Ran rough for a min ,black smoke, and then evened out a bit. . I tuned it up,replaced a few vacume hoses, air filter, , runs like a beast. drove it a let it idle for 30 mins,didnt overheat , leak etc..119,000 miles, and everything works. Except window motor. Power washed it,cleaned the inside, 2 new tires ready to put on. Need to tag it and then start the camper van transformation. Will post more pics after i clean it up a bit more.
Attached Thumbnails 1995 G 20  Tavel Quest Van that was given to me.-unnamed-1-.jpg   1995 G 20  Tavel Quest Van that was given to me.-unnamed-2-.jpg   1995 G 20  Tavel Quest Van that was given to me.-unnamed-3-.jpg