New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

1999 Suburban No Crank, No Power to ECM and Ign Fuse. No Gauges at Key On

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2020, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Suburban No Crank, No Power to ECM and Ign Fuse. No Gauges at Key On

I have a 1999 Suburban. One day I parked it to install a trailer brake controller. After getting it installed I suddenly had No Crank issue. When I turn the key on the clock comes on and you can hear a blend door noise. Turn signals don"t work either. I noticed the bottom 3 fuses in the under hood fuse panel which are ECM and IGN have no power. If I put a jumper in I get power. I replaced ignition switch, and REPLACED every single ground on the exterior of the truck. I have checked power wire from battery to fuse block. I have power to all fuses and I even have power to the fuel pump. Just no ON and Start. I am guessing it is coincidental that this happened after my brake controller install but I went ahead and removed it and installed everything back. I am just lost. We even thought we might have bought a bad ignition switch out of the box so I tried another as it seems when the switch turns from off to ACC and ON it should just transfer the Battery power?? Not real sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 7:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by bigyance86
I have a 1999 Suburban. One day I parked it to install a trailer brake controller. After getting it installed I suddenly had No Crank issue. When I turn the key on the clock comes on and you can hear a blend door noise. Turn signals don"t work either. I noticed the bottom 3 fuses in the under hood fuse panel which are ECM and IGN have no power. If I put a jumper in I get power. I replaced ignition switch, and REPLACED every single ground on the exterior of the truck. I have checked power wire from battery to fuse block. I have power to all fuses and I even have power to the fuel pump. Just no ON and Start. I am guessing it is coincidental that this happened after my brake controller install but I went ahead and removed it and installed everything back. I am just lost. We even thought we might have bought a bad ignition switch out of the box so I tried another as it seems when the switch turns from off to ACC and ON it should just transfer the Battery power?? Not real sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum, bigyance86!

You really need to post this on the Suburban/Tahoe sub-forum here to find an answer to your query.