New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Envoy won't crank

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2017, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Envoy won't crank

2005 Envy XL SLT with 80,000 Miles, two wheel drive. I opened the door and the interior lights came on and the chimes for the door being opened were working properly. I turned the key to start the ignition and everything cut off, no warnings. The key will not go all the way back to the off position, it is stuck about 3/4 back. Center console gear shift will not let me take it from park position regardless of what I try. No warning lights on at all. Vehicle never attempted to crank. Battery showed good charge but I replaced it anyway in hopes that it had a dead cell and was blocking all power to the vehicle. Same thing with new battery. Car has no power at all, can not shift nor get the key out. Any suggestions?
Old November 10th, 2017, 11:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you didn't already figure out your problem, check your connections at the under hood fuse box where the battery lead hooks up to it. Could be that it needs removed and cleaned to make a good dry connection at that junction.