New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2002 chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 hairline throttle body cracks on the inside image attac

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2023, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 hairline throttle body cracks on the inside image attac

This is before cleaning

This is before cleaning

This is before cleaning

This is after cleaning

So this is a throttle body of a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 LS I noticed after cleaning I have theses hairline cracks on the inside of the throttle body the inlet side it seems like it's leaking but not from outside it seems like the cracks that are leaking is the side the throttle position sensor is on cause you can almost see it pulling something through those hairline cracks I was wondering if this would cause my truck to die when making a sharp turn to the right at slow speed I had the steering wheel locked all the way to the right
Old September 7th, 2023, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

welcome to the welcome section. I don't think those are cracks. Just surface texture from the aluminum casting process. You can see that deeper inside the bore where the aluminum has been machined, the texture stops abruptly, and the aluminum is smooth and uniform. I would say your stalling is caused by your power steering system. Please post help questions in the Silverado section. Thanks.