New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

After replacing throttle body and gas pedal with new sensor issues with rpm

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2016, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After replacing throttle body and gas pedal with new sensor issues with rpm

I had a message on my dashboard saying ENGINE POWER REDUCES, STABILITY CONTROL OFF, TRACTION CONTROLL OFF.
I went ahead removed my power from battery and reconnected then i kept playing with the shoe connected to the throttle body and kept on turning on the SUV and trying to press the gas and the rpm wouldn't go up like as it was. Finally after few times of plugging and unplugging the shoe to the throttle power sensor it went back to normal the suv ran like it was originally.

I went to my mechanic i got a all codes because i took the switch in and out while it was running. The codes were throttle body , throttle body position sensor, throttle accelerator pedal sensor.
I finally said screw it i will replace both rather than getting stuck on the expressway even though its running fine now.

I went to the dealer brought brand new original from chevy GM throttle body and gas pedal that comes with a sensor.

I just replaced both parts the suv starts and runs. When its parked sometimes when i hit accelerator pedal and let go the RPM goes up and stays high and does not go back to normaly how it goes down at all. Sometimes it goes back slowly after a while. Sometimes the rpm will go back rite back as soon as you take your foot off.

I also had a engine light which i didn't get checked yet i removed the terminals and connected back to get rid of the light.
Now while i drive my CHEVY and when i step on my break to slow down it feels stiff and kinda feels like its breathing out and also you can feel the shifting down gear by gear. While my 2009 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN IS PARKED engine running i have no shaking vibration what so ever even with air conditioning running full.
Old May 18th, 2016, 8:09 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You need to post your question in the Tahoe/Suburban section as this is just the intro section.