New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2009 Malibu unknown connector HELP

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2023, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Malibu unknown connector HELP

Hello! I have a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu, 2.4 four-cylinder with a six speed auto transmission. I recently rebuild the engine, and have it dropped back in and 99% of the way hooked back up HOWEVER there is one electrical connector left, that I cannot figure out where it goes to save my life. I will attach a few photos of the connector from above, from below, as well as what pulls up when I search the part number online. Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated!

additional information, it appears to be ran with the main wiring harness, coming from the right side of the engine bay.

If you hold the connector up, it looks like it could reach the throttle body, the starter, or the fans on the opposite side, however, I have made sure all of those connectors to all of those parts are already plugged in

Old March 27th, 2023, 2:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

key it on and read the codes....open circuit or circuit high dtc will set for the unplugged component.
Old March 27th, 2023, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
key it on and read the codes....open circuit or circuit high dtc will set for the unplugged component.

thanks for the input!!! Believe it or not, I JUST figured it out…. It was actually the crankshaft position sensor connector that goes behind the starter, which is why I could not see it, since I had already put the starter back on. Thanks again!
Old March 27th, 2023, 8:47 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you run into any more problems and need help, post your info in the Malibu section of the forum.