New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2009 Silverado Trailer Brake Signal Wire

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2022, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 Silverado Trailer Brake Signal Wire

I have no signal coming from the light blue trailer brake signal wire when I press on the brake pedal, which is part of the factory trailer brake harness (not terminalled, just bare wires). As I have no fuse issues or damaged wires that I can see. Can anyone suggest what the issue is? Brake switch, etc?
Old May 27th, 2022, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you ask your question in the Silverado section of the forum, you'll get more views. 🙂

​​​Are you stationary when you do this? The computer may not send a signal if you're sitting still. Just a guess.
Old May 31st, 2022, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum. If you ask your question in the Silverado section of the forum, you'll get more views. 🙂

​​​Are you stationary when you do this? The computer may not send a signal if you're sitting still. Just a guess.
Thanks for the advice. I will ask my question in the Silverado section. I get no signal when parked, but can tell when moving that the brake controller is not working.
Old December 21st, 2022, 9:53 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Rensing
Thanks for the advice. I will ask my question in the Silverado section. I get no signal when parked, but can tell when moving that the brake controller is not working.
Assuming that your actually has the integrated brake controller (our 2011 Yukon Denali did not, our 2014 Yukon Denali does), check the 30-amp pink rectangular fuse at he front of the fuse box in the engine compartment. That protects the circuit to the bigger stud on the front side of the fuse box. We just had that fuse blow on our 2014, think I shorted out a wire while installing an electric trailer jack.