New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

ABS sensors out after installing spindle lift

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2021, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS sensors out after installing spindle lift

I have recently done my shocks, wheels and tires, ball joints and added a 3 inch spindle lift to my Chevy express 2500. After I was finished my ABS light was on and Stabilitrak and ABS error messages began to show in my dash read out. Also low tire pressure, but I think the new tires did not have the sensors in them when I installed. My Brake light is lit up in the dash now as well. I put it on the computer and both ABS sensors are not being picked up. Not sure if I damaged them during the work I was doing. Seems like it may be something else being that they both are out. Has anyone had this issue before? Thanks
Old January 11th, 2021, 10:04 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Kind of seems like that since you raised it 3inches, you may have stretched the wires to the sensors and they could have been damaged in the process or after the installation while driving. That would be the first thing to check.
Old January 11th, 2021, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that could be the case but there seemed to be plenty of room for the wires. It was not during driving because it was immediate.