New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Air Conditioning 98 Suburban 1500 5.7 liter

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2011, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning 98 Suburban 1500 5.7 liter

I have a problem with a dual zone AC system. The front is blowing ambient air and the back is blowing cold air. I understand that there are two separate evaporators for front and back. Historically I have had 3 compressors, 3 orifice tubes, 3 dryer/accumulators, and a bunch of vacuum / recharges done on this vehicle. A slight leak causes me to add refrigerant every once in a while. The front AC was rendering a vent temp of 55 degrees a couple of months ago. Seems to have started acting up, after I used the heater during cold weather.

More info- The metal hose going to the dryer/accumulator is ice cold. When it gets to the Y just before the dryer, the hose going down is cold also. I believe this is the hose going into the front cabin evaporator. The metal hose going into the dryer is not cold.

I am hoping that this problem is something simple, of course. Since the major components have been changed, except the condensor, could it be a sensor or switch that is stopping the cold refrigerant from going into the front evaporator? The switch at the dryer or one of the dash control switches?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Rick
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Sorry

Sorry. New to forums. Mr. Administrator would you please move my tech question to the Suburban / Tahoe section. Thanks. Rick