New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Am I the same guy that is at FTE?

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2007, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the same guy that is at FTE?

No kidding. I said I'm a "non-denominational wrench bender" and it's a fact.

I've left a pile of bent wrenches and busted sockets (split right down the side) over the years. People love to harrang and hassle about ford-vs-chevy-vs-dodge-vs-all the rest...

It just doesn't matter.

Ever work on a 1953 Desoto? How about a 1957 Oldsmobile 88? Datsun? 1961 Desoto - last year before they became Chryslers? I've got one for ya - HOW ABOUT a 1936 CORD Beverly 810?

It gets old over time, the hassles. Pistons go up and down, carbs get full of junk, injectors work fine but an air bleed is stuck open, all this stuff happens because mechanical systems have limits to how much wear and crud they can take before they fail. But people want to blame it all on a name, or even on metaphysics....

I'm not concerned with that. I understand metal, and how it can be used.

Hello, and welcome to you also! I will laugh with you if you post about silly things like what FORD stands for, or other things like that.

But I'm a mechanic and a technician. I won't believe something screwy if I see it, even if ten people swear it is so. I'm just me. Engines and drivelines are engines and drivelines. It works like that...

We are better if we can see everything, weigh the relative merits and downfalls as they are, and see things clearly. I can find fault with anything ever made - since nothing made by the hands of man is ever perfect, least of all an automobile. ESPECIALLY if it has been neglected!

But I got my first license driving a 1966 Impala wagon - mess with me if you dare, but be sure it's worth it. I have a lot to offer this place.

~Greywolf
(also of FTE)
Old September 14th, 2007, 1:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Am I the same guy that is at FTE?

Welcome to ChevroletForum.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 14th, 2007, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Am I the same guy that is at FTE?

I'm hoping that I'll be saying: "Cool! I can post about the rest of the stuff I get into without a bunch of flack here..."

But I'm also about to head in a new direction with wheels. This is also known as "Feathering Ones Nest"