New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Chevy Doesn't Care Enough To Answer

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2006, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Doesn't Care Enough To Answer

I recently wrote to the chevy customer assistance center to request help because the 2005 chevy malibu i purchased came without any center covers for the alloy wheels. they have not even cared enough to acknowledge my letter, let alone supply the covers which I paid for when I bought the car. With all the money Chevy spends on advertising, you would think they would care a little more about the people that bought their cars and at least attempt to discuss the problems. Chevy, no wonder American car makers are failing.
Old October 25th, 2006, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Chevy Doesn't Care Enough To Answer

Not try to be an *** or anything, but why pay for the covers when they weren't on the car to begin with? Or have the dealer get them for you and put them on?
Old October 25th, 2006, 11:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you kidding me????

If you bought this car new why are you now just trying to get center caps?!?!?

If you boughyt this pre-owned it has nothing to do with the manufacturer, mater of fact even if you bought this thing new you need to take it up with the dealer. I doubt they are going to do anything now because the car is two years old!
Old October 26th, 2006, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

The car was bought brand new, but because of the alloy wheels I wasn't aware that there should be a cover in the center of the wheels. It wasn't until someone keyed my car and I went to the body shop to have it repaired that the shop asked "where are the covers on the wheels?" As for the dealer, they are a piece of work. Performance Chevrolet on Long Island is the dealer, and I had so much trouble with them trying to rip me off I had to go to Consumer Affairs, The New York Attorney General, The Department of Motor Vehicles, and the Better Business Bureau, so speaking to them is a total waste of time. I even sent Chevy pictures of the car showing all 4 wheels and the fact that there are no covers on them, and they won't even answer me. If anyone knows any contacts at Chevy who is receptive to customer issues I would love to know it.
Old October 26th, 2006, 8:07 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a break!
If you didn't notice the center caps missing for two years you need to be sending a nastygram to your ophthalmologist not GM.

I sure hope that you are just trying to put us on with this thread and that you are not being serious.
You are kidding, aren't you? If you’re not then you are getting just what you deserve (nothing).
Old October 26th, 2006, 9:43 PM
CF Active Member

PUT THE PIPE DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE 2005 chevy malibu [:-]
Old October 26th, 2006, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

I could see why you'd be mad if the car was brand spankin' new now. But with it being an '05, I can see why Chevy isn't responding. They're not going to just send you four new caps assuming you don't have them. How do they (or us for that matter) know you don't have them sitting in your garage but are trying to get new ones?
Old October 27th, 2006, 1:59 PM
CF Active Member

so, if we all totally understand your situation correctly, you bought the car new in 2005, but failed 2 notice that all the other cars on the road in fact had center caps for the same style rims, but u did not have any. now after aprox. 2 yrs. a body shop asks u where they are, and upon realizing they should have been included when buying the car new, u think someone @ GM should say: "oh, so sorry sir, never mind that it took 2 yrs. for this to come to your attention, but, we would only be too happy to give you (4) new center caps, NO CHARGE" good luck with that, and if it does happen, i think all of us would luv 2 see a copy of that letter posted.
Old November 6th, 2006, 9:33 PM
CF Junior Member

your just gonna have to go buy some & be done with it & not worry about it anymore. Just for kicks ----- look in the spare tire well, they might be in there.
Old November 7th, 2006, 2:08 AM
CF Beginner

after a couple years you should be looking into aftermarket wheels. Generally factory mags suck!!