New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Chevy Newb

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2014, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Newb

Hello I am a new member and also a new Chevy owner. I have been a Ford man all my 50 odd years, but I inherited a Malibu not long ago and find I like the Chevy's. Since then I have purchased a 1979 G-20 van. It is the Nomad version. It runs and drives good enough to be a daily driver, but I will be making improvements along the way and I am sure I will have many questions. Thanks for a very informative site. Dan
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

deedly Welcome to the forum
Old July 16th, 2014, 10:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Welcome!
Old July 16th, 2014, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

I would like to know, what you liked best in GM when you spent so many years in a ford ............I have driven GM for 50+ years, and just don't like the feel of a ford..........even the new ones......... must be a lot of psychology working here....
Old July 16th, 2014, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the welcomes. djames, I think your right. I think the GM feels better driving, including handling, and motor response. I also believe the GM's are made better. Comparing my inherited Chevy with my old Ford Taurus, there seems to be a big difference in things like little squeaks and rattles, the chevy has hardly any, while the Ford does. The Ford seems to require more work to keep on the road, and actual work is difficult, as it seems they are engineered to a pain in the rear. GM's are a lot easier to work on than Fords.I have a mechanic friend that works on everything except a Ford. he will not even change tires on one. LOL. I have not had the chevy long but know the life history of it, and it has had only routine maintenance done, and still running strong. All said, I believe I had missed the boat by staying loyal to Ford for so long. I have ridden in Chevy's before but never did drive one until recently. When I did drive one, it was obvious to me which one to go with..
Old July 17th, 2014, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

hmmm.......very interesting.........the biggest complaint about chevy that i have had over the years is laying over the engine to get to the points and condenser every ten thousand miles.........ford sure was a lot easier to work on in that area ..........

I've found that the best thing to do to the new ones, is leave the hood closed and just drive.......;-)