New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Distance Relays Take Center Stage on Day Two of New Balance High School Indoor Nation

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distance Relays Take Center Stage on Day Two of New Balance High School Indoor Nation

By Chris LotsbomMarch 9, 2013(c) 2013 Race Results Weekly, all rights reservedNEW YORK (09-Mar) — Valiant attempts at national and meet records in the distance relays highlighted day two of competition here at New Balance Indoor Nationals. With no individual Championship disciplines being contested on Saturday, attention turned to the 4xMile and 4x800m Relays.Taking the track as favorites in the Girls 4xMile, Grosse Pointe RC (Michigan) began their quest for a second national title in as many years. In 2012, the quartet of Kelsie Schwartz, Ersula Farrow, Haley Meier, and Hannah Meier won the Distance Medley Relay. This year, the same squad aimed for Saratoga’s national record of 19:59.24, set back in 2005.After a solid opening leg, Schwartz handed the baton off to Farrow in second place, some ten meters behind Spirit of Pre TC, also of Michigan. As soon as she received the baton, Farrow’s focus narrowed to the leader.“I was thinking that I need to try and get the girl in the front,” said Farrow. “I worked hard and got her.”Handing off to Haley Meier with Spirit of Pre by her side, it looked as if the latter team would challenge Grosse Pointe for the lead. Any thoughts of that quickly vanished, as Meier –a 4:45.24 miler– began to crank into gear.Lap after lap Meier’s lead grew, continuing when sister Hannah got the baton. Passing three quarters of a mile, the public address announcer noted that Hannah needed a 70-second final 400 meters if she wanted to break the national mark.“I just went out there and tried to stay strong for the team,” said the anchor.Grosse Pointe RC. winners of the 2013 New Balance Indoor Nationals 4xMile relay. From left to right: Hannah Meier, Haley Meier, Ersula Farrow, and Kelsie Schwartz (Photo by Chris Lotsbom for Race Results Weekly)