New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Finally bought my dream truck.

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2020, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought my dream truck.

Just joined the forum names Brandon, hoping to interact with other enthusiasts ask and answer questions.

I have alway been a fan of the cat eye Silverado, but never thought I would own one with the newest one you can buy being a 2006.5 making it a 14 year old truck. It finally occurred to me that I just needed to take the leap and get my truck. I didn't want to spend $10k + and I live in Florida so all you northerners cause our rust free trucks to be a little pricey. I knew to stay within a reasonable budget I would need to buy a project, little did I know I would find the perfect truck.

I stumbled upon my truck on Facebook marketplace. It is a 2005 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Crew Cab. Its work truck white with the tan leather interior. It has all the bells and whistles of its time except the sunroof. The interior is nearly immaculate for its age and the previous owner had already replaced the seats!! He also put new headlights on and taillights. To say the truck was calling my name is an understatement. The truck had brand new all-terrain tires, but a poor alignment job has killed the front tires.

Now you might be asking yourself how in the world is the truck you bought a project, it sounds perfect.

The truck suffers from the infamous lifter tap, it also had a couple check engine codes some of the codes will be easy enough and others will take some time to sort. It would help if the OBDII port would work correctly, but that's for another thread.

I'll drive this truck as long as it is reasonable to do so, it rides so smooth and is so comfy definitely the end of an era.

Old March 28th, 2020, 9:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

best generation of truck gm ever made imo. beautiful bodystyle and love the factory paint to match fender flares. my 2000 was running strong with 355000kilometers when I sold it.
if the dlc port has not power; its powered by the lighter or cig fuse in the underhood fuse box
Old March 28th, 2020, 11:59 AM
CF Monarch

Received 345 Likes on 326 Posts

Welcome from Miami, florida. Good luck with the new truck and enjoy it.